The Duck Dynasty Family by: Willie & Korie Robertson
It's all about the food....
For the Robertsons, family is typified by the dinner table, where both food and fables are dished up with equal care. Anyone with a good story - whether it be a hunting escapade or one of the children's antics - is welcome to share. And that's what this family is all about - sharing, caring for one another, and the love of good food. Chapters are built around recipes that represent each stage of the Robertson life - chapters like...
- Fried Bologna: Here you'll get an inside look at what it was like to grow up Robertson before all the fame and money came in. You'll see the Robertson boys fending for themselves as father Phil was out running nets and selling his newly invented duck calls and matriarch Miss Kay was out working to keep the family afloat.
- Chicken Strips: In this chapter, Willie and Korie marry when Korie is only 18 - but only after dealing with Korie's father - and their lives are shaped and prepared to someday take the family business to another level.
- Duck Gumbo: Just like making great gumbo takes patience and time, so did building a duck dynasty. This chapter tells of Phil's passion and hard work in sticking with something he believed in and loved doing and how that patience and hard work has paid off.
- Dumplings, Hot Water Cornbread, and Fried Squirrel: None of the Robertsons would be where they are today if not for Miss Kay. This chapter is all about food, family, and business, and how Miss Kay kept them all laughing through the good times and the bad.
- Back Straps: Here you'll learn about Willie's passion for business, hunting, and friendship, and how all this led to his own company - Buck Commander - and his exciting encounters along the way.
- Road Kill: The journey to a successful family business and television show has been a long one, with a few bumps in the road. This chapter tells how the family stays together rain or shine and how, as Phil says, they all remain "happy, happy, happy".
An Up-Close View of America's Favorite Backwoods Family
What do faith, family, ducks, and money have in common? The well-known stars of A&E's hit show Duck Dynasty - Korie and Willie Robertson! From Louisiana's bayou comes the story of how the Robertson family went from eating fried bologna sandwiches to consuming fine filet mignon.
Ask anyone in Louisiana, and they'll tell you that the bayou state's favorite family doesn't live in the governor's mansion but in the backwoods, where the Robertsons' Duck Commander has become a sporting empire by making top-of-the-line duck calls.
Part redneck logic, part humorous family stories, combined with family-business tips and faith, this book