Solidly grounded in theory and research, but concise andpractice-oriented, Adult Learning: Linking Theory andPractice is perfect for master’s-level students andpractitioners alike. Sharan Merriam and Laura Bierema have infusedeach chapter with practical applications for instruction which willhelp readers personally relate to the material.
The contents covers:
- Adult Learning in Today’s World
- Traditional Learning Theories
- Self-Directed Learning
- Transformative Learning
- Experience and Learning
- Body and Spirit in Learning
- Motivation and Learning
- The Brain and Cognitive Functioning
- Adult Learning in the Digital Age
- Critical Thinking and Critical Perspectives
- Culture and Context
Discussion questions and activities for reflection are included atthe end of each chapter.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading